Melanin is a natural pigment that gives colour to skin. Exposure to sunlight, hormonal influences and ageing can cause an increase in melanin production and trigger hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation appears as dark patches and age spots (also known as sun spots) that make skin look uneven.
Eucerin Anti-Pigment Dual Serum brings together two powerful active ingredients that work in different ways:
- Thiamidol: an effective and patented ingredient that acts at the root cause of hyperpigmentation is clinically proven to reduce hyperpigmentation, preventing its re-appearance with regular usage. Patented to Eucerin.
- Concentrated Hyaluronic Acid: one of skin’s most effective moisturising substances helps skin to attract and retain moisture.
The light emulsion is clinically and dermatologically proven to reduce pigment spots and prevent their re-appearance while renewing skin’s look. First results are visible after two weeks and improve continuously with regular use. Skin is smooth and looks renewed, even and radiant. The packaging now comes in a mono-chamber for easier application with same proven efficacy.
Clinical and dermatological studies
Clinical and dermatological studies prove very good efficacy and skin tolerability
Among other clinical and dermatological studies, a Product in Use (PIU) study was conducted with 120 women aged between 25 and 551.
They reported the following results after firstly two and then four weeks of regular use:
|After 2 weeks||After 4 weeks|
|The product makes my skin more even||94%||97%|
|The product makes my skin radiant||100%||100%|
|The product effectively fights dark spots||88%||97%|
|The product prevents the appearance of dark spots||91%||95%|
|The product reduces the intensity of existing dark spots||83%||89%|
¹Beiersdorf AG, PiU, November 2017
- absorbs quickly
- light texture
How it works
Thiamidol acts at the root cause of hyperpigmentation by inhibiting melanin production in skin so existing dark spots fade and fewer new dark spots form. Thiamidol is the key active in the Eucerin Anti-Pigment range and is clinically and dermatologically proven to reduce dark spots and prevent their re-appearance. First results are visible after two weeks and improve continuously with regular use.
How to use
- Apply daily, morning & evening, on cleansed face. Gently massage into skin before moving on to other steps in your skincare routine.
- More efficacy when used in combination with Anti-pigment Day SPF 30.
- Apply products with Thiamidol maximum of four times per day.
- Avoid direct contact with eye.
Did you know? A clinical study found that when used together, the Dual Serum and Day SPF 30 are 2.5 times more effective in reducing pigment spots*.
*Clinical study with 34 women, 12 weeks of regular use twice daily. Comparing results of pigment spots reduction using Day SPF 30 versus Dual Serum and Day SPF 30.